Saturday, December 13, 2014

Spooner's Cove


A pebble, a shell, a polished piece of blue beach glass. I walk silently my eyes searching for more treasures from the sea. Each brings with it a new message from Mother Earth. Framing a moment in time, I assign remembrance to these found objects to indicate their sacred nature. Seeking balance and renewal hiking has become a form of spiritual practice. My one day pilgrimage to a power spot to receive wisdom and perform rituals. The pacific ocean's negative ions invigorate my body and mind, bringing a deep feeling of empowerment. At some point I stop walking and silently offer a prayer of thanks to the Spirits of this place, once a bustling Chumash village site. Chosen by many people as the perfect location to stage a family portrait, exchange marriage vows or scatter a loved ones ashes, Spooners Cove in MontaƱa de Oro State Park is an area of strong energetic earth forces. Rugged Monterey Shale cliffs and rocky outcroppings offer resistance from crashing aqua blue waves. Only expert surfers successfully ride these coastal waters. Reflecting how good it feels to be here I decide to sit awhile and watch the sun as it begins to set.










No comments:

Post a Comment